Re statement on sacrificial attonement. adult content

Yes it's in the context of attonement to idols, and sacrificial, whatever, ....well said.
but when people are doing acts of inhumanity well beyond the norm for "fun" and "profit" to get just more animals killed and oh, excuse me they just happened to boil these animals accidentally. Hmmmm. maybe those who are organic beef, and chicken, port, etc. need to see that the way it's made is not just inhumane but if the majority are UNAWARE of this, it keeps HAPPENING.
((sacrifice or no sacrifice))
To enjoy food is one thing, but the suffering has to stop.
No one would treat a kitten or puppy this way.
oh wait, they do that too sometimes.
I'll>>> skip >>>>the ''l o l '' part

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That may be ... but don't use Scripture out of context just because you're ticked off at idiots who find some satisfaction in brutally killing animals. Yes, it happens. Yes, its sad. But quite frankly I believe there are more pressing matters to deal with, and I'm not about to go on a hunger strike to stop it.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• IF an animal dies so that people can eat it, what difference does it make HOW it dies? I mean....dyng is dying. ANd why do we all have t eat meat?We don't. THIS discussion IS a waste of time when there are so many other really important issues out there.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• How it dies is the ISSUE.
    No, no one is hunger striking when you're a vegetarian.
    Complete food is available in vegetables.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Complete food is available in vegetables.

This isn't true ... there are a number of amino acid that the human body needs that are only found in meat, that are NOT found in legumes, tofu, or alternative forms of protein.

Trust me, I won't stop eating meat because of the way animals are treated. It's sad, but that's life ... now on to more important things.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• So, why don't YOU go ahead and become a vegetarian. The rest of us are just fine, thanks. PETA has been known to encourage/participate in abuse of animals to make their videos.

I source my meat locally and reputably. We do eat vegetarian several days a week.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure I fully understand your post, OP.

But, I like meat. Okay? Steak is yummy. So is hamburger. I like pork chops and ham and chicken, too. Yes, I don't want the animals to be tortured to death, but I don't trust what PETA says. Vegetables are good, too, but they're not good enough to make me give up my meat. However, if you want to give up your meat, just pass it over here. I won't let it go to waste.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't really care if people eat meat or not, but it is not true that one needs to eat meat to get all the necessary protein or amino acids the human body needs.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 2:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Don't eat meat then, just leaves more for me.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• then don't eat meat. PETA is an extremist organization and you had the exact reaction they wanted. PETA members would have no problem killing a HUMAN if an animal was saved. Like someone said in your previous question, if you want to really get involved in a credible, humane education program, join the ASPCA. Also, the ASPCA actually does things to help stop animal cruelty and to inform the public whereas PETA just screams, yells, throws blood on people etc..they act like terrorists and are in some cases. I will continue to eat meat :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010