Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Any moms file for sole legal custody??

Just wondering what I need to prove that I should be granted legal custody??

Answer Question

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,421 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • My ex drank, did drugs and didn't even care when or if he saw our son. I filed for it and got it on default. If your ex doesn't care, he probably won't answer the papers and the judge grants it on default.

    Answer by bjojola at 12:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • The difference between sole custody and joint is that joint requires you and the father to work together to make decisions in the life of the visits, immunizations, child care, even religion.

    If you and the ex cannot make those kinds of decisions, you should go for sole custody.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • I asked for it, his dumb ass didn't even show up for our divorce I got it. The kids are practically grown now, and he has been nowhere to be found.

    Answer by salexander at 1:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • NO, but here's a bump. Good luck!

    Answer by SavageGrl at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • No idea, they gave it to me when we did the child support. Maybe because we were unmarried when she was born.

    Answer by cheez1e at 1:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Dad had only very sporadic contact so they didn't hesitate to give it to me.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.