Any moms file for sole legal custody??

Just wondering what I need to prove that I should be granted legal custody??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• My ex drank, did drugs and didn't even care when or if he saw our son. I filed for it and got it on default. If your ex doesn't care, he probably won't answer the papers and the judge grants it on default.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The difference between sole custody and joint is that joint requires you and the father to work together to make decisions in the life of the child...doctor visits, immunizations, child care, even religion.

If you and the ex cannot make those kinds of decisions, you should go for sole custody.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I asked for it, his dumb ass didn't even show up for our divorce hearing...so I got it. The kids are practically grown now, and he has been nowhere to be found.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• NO, but here's a bump. Good luck!
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No idea, they gave it to me when we did the child support. Maybe because we were unmarried when she was born.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 1:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Dad had only very sporadic contact so they didn't hesitate to give it to me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010