Is it possible to be in love with someone...

...that you've never met? There is a man I've met on Facebook and chatted with through FB a little as well, but we've never met. I feel that I am in love with him. He is a great man and we have a friend in common, but we live in separate states...3 hours away. I will soon be moving to that state to be near family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• it's possible to love him but to be IN love with him you need some face time. as in, in person. he could have terrible hygiene or be very lazy..... or a million other things. go slow, play it safe, and good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i have felt i have loved men when chatting on an online dating sight but when i met them it was like a switch was placed on off. all those feelings were gone. i have also experienced feeling love and feeling that way for one guy i met online and after meeting him in person but he was still married. what a jerk. i'd like to think that he felt i was the one that got away. since he wanted to be friends on fb. i'm sure he wanted to see if i was married and the such. yup i remarried and his loss.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think we can fall in love with the essence of who we THINK they are. Many people have been fooled by the reality of who they really are. Please be careful. Lots of women have fallen for charming scams artists and lost everything to them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It's possible, happened to me before. In my case, it got really complicated and I'm not going to state the details because it can be somewhat discouraging. I feel that if you think you have that connection, then your heart is probably right. You're probably in love with him, just make sure the feelings are mutual ;-) GL
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 1:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't quite label it "in love" since you actually do not know this person. I would wait until you've spent a considerable amount of time together before you go jumping into something that may not be right for you. Anyone could be on the other end of the computer. Be safe :-)
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 2:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I dont think you can be "in love" with someone you have never met. I think you can care a lot about them, as a person, but love? I dont think so.
    There are so many things that you have to experince in person, to know if you love them... But there might be a spark there, and you should go with that.. But I wouldnt be thinking you are in love with him yet. Wait to meet him to go there.
    Good luck! I hope he is the man you think he is.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010