My baby keeps crying and cant seem to make up her mind on what she wants.. please help!

Hi mommys..

I have an 11 month old daughter who cries and screams till i pick her up & hold her. Shes a pretty heavy baby (30 lbs) & I cant carry her that much due to back problems. Shes breastfed & refuses the bottle/cup. She cant sleep by herself & she screams & cries like someone is hurting her when I walk by her or dont pick her up. Shes not sick, but I have never witnessed this from any babies in my life. I am at my wits end and I am losing self confidence and dont know what to do anymore. I cant leave the house and get any me time or things done. We also have a 2 yr old who seems like shes not getting enough attention.. what can i do?

Thanks!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try something you KNOW she loves.... like a car ride, bubble bath, a piece of banana, etc. My daughter went thru what we call her bitchy phase around the same age. If she was inconsolable we had a list of things ready to go and if it meant she occasionally had 3 baths a day, sometimes we did.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks Hibbingmom..

But thats the thing.. I feel like I have tried everything; singing, rocking, reading books, playing, cuddling, feeding, bathing, and holding her while watching tv. However when I do hold her she wants to get down, and then she cries when she gets put down! I am not sure what else to do.. She keeps screaming and crying... and I am losing all patience!
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Talk to the doctor. It could be an undiagnosed ear infection. I feel bad for you! Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hi honey,
    Wow do I relate! My youngest son (16 now) but you described him exactly when he was that age. He could'nt stand to be put down or when I walked away he would scream like he was in agony. I was'nt a new mom. I had two grown adult children and one grand daughter at the time. Hang in there she is just a demanding get her way by yelling baby. I also nursed and same as you he would not take bottle or a cup. He only wanted boob!!! Omg I remember when he slept which was rarely I would tip toe around. I was always worried he was going to wake up...and he did as soon as he realized I moved he'd scream for me again. It is'nt you...she is just a demanding baby. I could never let him cry it out because he would'nt stop. I just gave in and picked him up. Use your best friend or husband or whomever to take mimi time outs...good luck. Hang in she will grow out of it...promise.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010