What do I buy for these kids???

My cousins are foster parents and right now they have two young boys who will (I think) be with us for Christmas. I can't get in touch with him, and I have no idea how they are or what to buy them. I would guess they are between 1 and 5...which is unhelpful because a one year old needs entirely different stuff than a five year old! Plus, one cousin is pregnant and may or may not have given birth by Christmas...so I guess I get the baby something? Then, we never know until the last minute if the "older kids" will even be there because two cousins are divorced and switch holidays with the moms...so I may or may not have a 14 year old boy, 16 year old boy, and 15 year old girl... and I have no clue what to buy for teens! As of two years ago, the girl still like littlest pet shop, even at 13... but obviously, it would be dumb to assume she's still into kid stuff when she may rather have makeup. And I have absolutely no earthly idea what to get for teen boys. We have spending caps so games for a gaming system are out...and I only see these kids MAYBE once a year each, so what they like is totally NOT within my realm of knowledge. And to top that off, my brother in law made some statement about how impersonal gift cards are...so now I'm debating on whether to get anybody those. Ahhhhhh! Ideas? Anybody?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• Girl, Amazon is having a 25% off toy sale right now, I would start there:  Amazon

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think gift cards are a great idea. I had rather know they will use it on something they want instead of drawing dust in the closet.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think alot of teens like Itunes gift cards. Maybe for the young boys in foster care you could get a comfort item like a special blanket or stuffed animal. A bear from build a bear or something.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• as far as the foster kids go, something they can carry with them as they go through life is always good, a book by dr suess called oh the places you will go is an awesome book that you can write a christmas message in and they can carry with them and know throughout life that at one point in time someone cared at Christmas. as for the others i would say gift card because kids like to buy thier own things these days and if they dont show for Christmas you can still mail it to them easily. GL
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You can get gift card for the older children and the
    little boys you can get books, coloring books, cars, legos
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010