Is this a good idea for a baby shower??

My sister in law is about 6 months pregnant, a friend is throwing her shower, and I am going to help, as much as I am able to anyways. They are 90 miles away so, I'm just getting ideas to the friend. I remember when I first found out she was preggo, I was looking up ideas and such, because she threw my shower. I can't remember where I found this idea, and would really love the site if anyone knows...
But, I would also like to know if it even sounds like that good of an idea. As guests arrive, they would receive an envelope with which they would fill out their name and address fully. And then get them back to either me or the friend and these would be given to mommy for the thank you notes/birth announcements/pictures, (whatever she decides) so that she won't have to fill them out herself, because she is having a huge shower from what I know.

Is this a good idea? and does anyone know where I might have read it, links welcome!
Please and thanks!

mom_love07

Asked by mom_love07 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• Sounds good to me. Not sure where you read it though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes it is a great idea! I wish I would've done this for my shower because I feel really bad not thanking everyone for the gifts.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I remember one shower I went to they had us self-address an envelope and I thought it was a nice idea-- that way mom-to-be would have current addresses on everyone, and it would save her time when she sends out thank-yous or birth announcements.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes we did this at my baby shower and in fact at my bridal shower before that. A lot of people do this. it is much easier. We also used those envelopes for a free giveaway we did at my shower.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just did that at a shower and it is a really good idea. After they collected them back they drew an envelope out for a door prize (usually one of the table decorations).
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't know of a link but I really wanted to do this at my baby shower. What a great time saver especially if theres a chance baby might make it before she does thank you cards!
    My bestfriend did it at her shower and did a raffle at the end with the envelopes, She picked one envelope without looking and then gave that person a prize. I thought that was a great idea!
    Good luck!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 12:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies!
    The only thing I could find when searching about envelopes was the raffle idea...I am for sure going to use this idea, because I know SIL said she had a hard time remembering to send out thank yous from her bridal shower i think. So, this will be a big help to her, especially with all the people she wants invited, lol
    mom_love07

Comment by mom_love07 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That sounds brilliant!
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 12:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That's a great idea!!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thats a really good idea I know I read that somewhere too but can't remember where!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010