Anyone use the Playtex Vent Aire Bottles?

How do you get them to stop leaking from the bottom?

amydh

Asked by amydh at 3:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use them and I've only had problems with the bottoms leaking a couple times. I just turned them over and unscrewed and re-tightened the bottom pieces.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have no idea. We used those bottles when my DD was a newborn, we ended up switching to evenflo comfort. Liked those a lot better. They don't leak anywhere near as bad as the Playtex and they actually have a lot less air in them.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You have to push the rubber seal down until it pops into the groove all the way around. I only had a leaking problem after the first time I washed them, never again. The seals will need replacing every so often just like nipples though, so I guess it depends on how long you've had them.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I hated those bottles! After you use them so many times the seal "breaks". We switched to the playtex drop ins and they have been great.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 3:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Used them and never had a leaking problem like Kimebs said just push the seal down into the bottom groove.
    fisherd

Answer by fisherd at 4:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• dont put boiling hot water in the bottle. if you boil those bottles or put them in the dish washer, you have to take out the rubber part. i had that problem at first because id boil them to sanitize. i really liked those bottles alot, my baby burped easier when she ate out of those. the hot water makes the rubber flimsy and the wholes start to leak.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Buy other ones. Mine did that too. Make sure you all have BPA free bottles now. All stores switched to BPA free because it's considered toxic now. Walmart has these great bottles for 3 dollars per pack and you get 3 of them!
    darcyk10

Answer by darcyk10 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You have to make sure the rubber part is all the way on correctly and that the bottom is screwed on tight!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We had the same problem when we used them with our first baby. We ended up switching to the Playtex drop-ins which work great and are cleaner and easier to keep sterile. Good luck to you!
    ChristophsMama

Answer by ChristophsMama at 7:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Had the same problem and then I switched to doctor brown bottles... and I love them.
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008