homemade christmas ordament ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Cinnamon applesauce ornaments
    salt dough ornaments
    buy clear ones from the store and swirl in glue and glitter
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't know how to make a clickable link, but here's a good site for some ideas..

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-decorations/christmas-ornaments/
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just saw this idea on tv. Take a wool sweater, wash it on hot, and put in dryer, you may need to do that twice, until it's nice and shrunk. Cut out whatever shape you want, I highly recommend mittens, out of the sweater. They won't fray because they are so tightly shrunk down. SUPER CUTE!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• buy clear glass bulbs from a craft store and some holiday colored paint, squirt the paint inside the bulb and swirl around, then tip upside down into a cup to drain the extra paint. tie a ribbon around the neck of the bulb.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Buy clear Ortiment balls at the store and stuff them with tissue paper and hide toys/candy/animal treats inside for the family. You can also have the kids paint the inside or outside of them to help conceal the prize as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I always thought that holiday cookie cutters would make cute ornaments. A little glue and ribbon or holly could go a long way!!!
    PamelaH.

Answer by PamelaH. at 6:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my favorite is the reindeer made out of two wooden clothes pins, add eye balls and a tail
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 11:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I remember this nice family that lived around the corner from me growing up. The 2 girls were so cute.......I think their names were Dawn and Darlene. One Christmas they gave my family homemade ornaments. They were so easy......pipe cleaner with red,green,and white. They made candy canes with white and red beads and wreaths with red and green beads. The beads had 3 points on them. I think about them every year!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 12:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2010