Any great organizing secrets?

I have a hankering to do some organizing, but dont want to fork up a butt load of money to buy plastic bins and tubs. How do yall like to organize? and where do you start? lol

Tonesgirl

Asked by Tonesgirl at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• try checking out flylady.com to help you keep things under control each day. As far as tips for what to do about clutter, you can make cheap containers if you have old clothing you dont want anymore. All it takes is the ability to sew a straight line. Cut up an old sweater and sew it into a wall hanging with pockets. Use old containers and repurpose them such as old shoe boxes (cover them with pretty paper and bolt them to the wall or slide them under the bed. Also the dollar store has a lot of good plastic and wood baskets. Finding cheap and creative storage unit is about learning to look at what you have in a different light.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• De clutter....

That is where you start, I just freecycled 3 bags full of tapes. We don't watch them anymore so they have to go... :( Hey someone will use them...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I like the Cubiecals bookshelves with the fabric drawers for things that don't need to be sealed. Then plastic bins for things I use less often or yarn that is prone to moths.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Baskets! JoAnn Fabrics Etc usually has theirs for 50% off.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• if you truly want to declutter, just rid out some stuff that isn't used for months to years. Freecycle it, or give to a church. Get rid of anything not used for this long a time.
    Anonymous

• I agree the first step is to declutter - reduce, reuse or recycle
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010