Christmas tree themes?

I have a MIL who always themes her xmas tree .... food, paper crafts, 3d, etc... I would like to theme my tree as well any new ideas?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• IDK, my theme is ornaments that mean something to me vs a true theme like a color
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Candy theme would be cute. Or cookies. In the past my mom had done bows and crystal ornaments but other than that we just decorate. A theme is a cute idea.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have two smaller trees I put in other rooms. One is a bird theme - it is really cute with pinecones on it too! The other is an angel theme,. with lots of gold and white.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Candy would be a really cute idea. String up mini bars of chocolate, hard candies, fruit candies, etc. I would keep them wrapped, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I think that would go over well with the kids. And instead of stocking stuffers that year, they can just attack the Christmas tree before it is taken down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have done themed trees in the past- with ribbons, bows and holiday flowers. I like to change it up sometimes.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a friend that does this. I think it's such a cute idea. One year she did The Island of Misfit Toys.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• In the past I did a "Beach" tree - with sanddollars, starfish, and other ornaments made from seashells.

Answer by missanc at 2:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My living room real tree has a Victorian theme (deep cranberry and gold colors)...the tree in the spare bedroom has ornaments from places we have traveled...the tree in my kitchen is a ceramic one that my great-grandmother made eons ago...the tree in the bonus room is all antique ornaments from the 50's and 60's that were my grandmothers...and the tree in my bedroom is all snowmen that I have picked up at different places over the years.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I love Victorian theme and last year I saw a nice seashore tree with seashells as ornaments and starfish. very pretty.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• children's schoot projects
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010