What would be a reasonable amount to charge?

I know that it would depend on the area but what do you think is reasonable to charge to clean a 1100 sq. foot apartment- 2 bedrooms, 2 baths? I would be vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms, straightening the rooms (if need be), etc. Basically, your weekly maintance of cleaning. I live in an area where we are not a huge city but we are not a small town either. What would be reasonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• A cleaning service in my area charges $75 an hour for the first time clean, because it'll be a little more dirty if it hasn't been done by professionals. After the initial clean, it's around $60 an hour, but that is working in a team of two. If you are doing it alone you might not want to charge that much because it'll take you longer to finish and it would get too expensive for the home owner. I would say cleaning it alone, I'd charge $55 first time clean and $40 an hour every time after that. Usually homes are done every 2 weeks. GL
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Most people charge a start up fee about $30 - 60 MORE for the first time and a flat rate each week there after. I would say about $40-$60 per week and maybe $75 - $90 for the first time...I dunno sorry lol
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 1:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• $60
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would say $10 an hour is a very good rate.
    If you are going 1 day a week- $25
    If you are going 3 days a week- $65
    If you go 5 day a week- $115

I cleaned a house for 2 days 5 hours each day! And charged 100!
    mommakoehler88

Answer by mommakoehler88 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think an average of $15 an hour is a good rate. Figure how long you will be there on average and base your price off that. If you think it will take about 3 hours then charge $40 to $45 flat rate. Make sure it is clear what you are responsible for.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Look at www.care.com and you can see what people charge in your area. Search by zipcode and use the pulldown. My friend in MA charges $20/hr. It varies all over the place.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Figure out how much cleaning you're going to have to do. But we pay $30 an hour.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My friend charges $15 and hour she does the cleaning by herself and goes every other week usually there are some people that prefer weekly but regardless its $15 an hour
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 1:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Best to know what the competition in the area is charging and charge slightly less.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do some research to see what others in your area charge. Check nearby towns and cities, too. Be compettive, but don't jip yourself out of money.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010