my hair is thinning!

so my hair is thinning and I take vitamins and thats not helping - for like 6 months. Any ideas as to why?

Tonesgirl

Asked by Tonesgirl at 1:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Try Nioxin hair products- shampoo and conditioner. They are vitamin packed and designed to help with thinning hair.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• when i stress out i lose a lot of hair. nothing helps that but to de-stress. maybe you could do some self-reflection and see if there are ways to eliminate stress in your life
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 1:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Are you Diabetic?

Answer by louise2 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I will try the shampoo! And yes I do think stress is an issue. And Diabeties is a no BUT have many family members with it, maybe I should get checked again! THANKs
    Tonesgirl

Comment by Tonesgirl (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• stress, did you have a baby recently? I had post partum hair loss with both kids which thinned my hair out alot too.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Did you recently have a baby? I lost so much hair after I had my daughter. It just broke off and was a terrible mess for about 1 1/2 years!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have you had your Thyroid checked?

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thinning hair is one of the first signs of an under active thyroid
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I just had my thyroid checked for the same thing and they said it was fine but I know our adrenal gland can mask thyroid problems, too.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Thyroid problem...possibly.

You can try really good hair extensions..I am actually wearing some with my straight hair in my photos (but only because I had 18 inches, and thinned mine out), and chopped it a few inches..and wanted 20 inches..lol...I have clip ons on..you can email me for the best brands if you want. I ordered some online...and they are just gorgeous!!! :D
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010