Stealing

Here is the senario, if your child didn't have a winter coat, and you didn't have money to buy one. No friends, or family to help, would you ever consider stealing one? What about food if your child was crying of hunger, and the homeless shelter turned you away because they were full?
Is there a case where you would ever consider stealing for your child?
This is just a lets pretend question, so no need to bash one another for answers left. Just wanted to see when push came to shove what moms think they would do for their kids.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are food pantries and coats for kids etc... but as a LAST resort if nothing else panned out... Yes, I would do anything to ensure my child was warm, fed or healthy.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would go to every last place that offers help, because there are always places available that offer assistance. If for some reason nobody in this entire city could help me, I would consider stealing for the simple reason that my child cannot be cold or hungry. But I would feel so guilty! Thank goodness there are resources available for struggling parents.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• As the ultimate last resort, you betcha!!! But definitely have to exhaust all other options!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That is one of those situations I would have to be in first. I say I wouldn't, but who knows.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• As a last resort, yes.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Stealing is absolutely wrong, but if my child was cold or hungry, you're damn right I would.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Of course I would. My morals would go straight out the window if my child was in desperate need of something.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well if my child did not have a coat I would go to a thrift store. If my child did not have food I would go to the local food bank. I don't really want to teach my kids that stealing is okay.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010