i have herpies and ever since i found out

it seems every itch or slight burning i think i'm having a break out. i never see any warts. it seems this happens on a weekly basis. before i found out i rarely felt i was having a yeast infection which my dr said it feels like. it would be maybe once or twice a yr. i can't tell the difference between the 2 and i'm getting annoyed. does anyone else have it and can you tell me how you can tell? i have read online but i still can't tell the difference. sometimes it hurts to wipe or feels tender. it seems my senses are heigthened. i'm aware over something that may be nothing but my pad is irritating me or having to much sex. i don't know. i take a suppressant only when i feel it might be coming on since i can't afford health ins. please any tips to keep the break out down or anything that would help me able to recognized the difference between a yeast or out break.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• acyclovir (generic for zovirax) is only $4 at walmart or Kroger. Cheap enough to take daily if you want, at least for a while until you adjust to the diagnosis. I take it as needed for fever blisters. I use to use valtrex (they are all used for oral and genital herpes) and found the $4 generic works just as well. I would call the dr. that gave the rx, or try a clinic and see if you can get a prescription for that with several refills. When the refills run out, most people go back to the dr. but most of the time it's not nessacary. just call to refill your rx like usual. They will say there are no more refills and ask if you would like them to contact the physician for refill approval. Most drs approve and this eliminates a dr. visit. I have refilled my prescriptions (including antidepressants and migraine meds) like this for a year. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• You will get blisters and with a yeast infection you will have alot of discharge.
    Anonymous

• i didn't know it was that cheap. i had always had ins pay for it. thanks. i'll do that!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• can't help ya.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010