Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex and I cannot not seem to come to an agreement on terms of our daughter

Our break is still very fresh to say the least (4 months). He cheated on me and I kicked him out leaving me in financial difficulties. He has been able to move on quickly and introduce our child to his gf. I was so angry by this because feel it was to soon to make a move like that. He asked me 2 wks ago to have a sit down with him as far as our expectations as parents. I told him I did not feel ready because I am too angry and would not be rationale to give me some time. However, he can take her out as he wishes and sleeps over her grandmother's house. But all he does is pick her up Sat because I work and is eager to drop her off or has his mother take her and drop her off. He does not communicate with me what his intentions are and has our daughter or his mother handle the situation. This angers me so the ultimata was that this weekend was the time he chose to introduce his gf to my daughter I was very angry about this. His mother came to my house and just walks in unannounced and I politely asked her to come outside and told her she cant come to the house until me and her son resolve matters and that I was sorry to please not take it personal. She went bcd and told her son that I disrespected her.

I know Im angry and I'm trying to keep my distance so that we minimize our arguments. I went to court last week for child support and custody/visitation rights. I just feel that since we really cant agree on things maybe we need to settle things legally. Am I wrong for taking this approach.

Answer Question

Asked by jenlesly at 1:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (110 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If you can't make the decision then I think its good to have the court do it, they will be rational and do what is right for your child, (most of the time).


    Answer by bjojola at 1:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • A little confused you say you want him to resolve matters and talk to you first before he makes decisions like with his gf yet you also say he tried to set up a sit down and you declined because of anger so the court thing sounds best to me.

    Answer by Raindew at 1:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Not at all. I have been through your EXACT situation, and it is never easy. Good for you for seeking the help that you and your daughter deserve. Feel free to message me if you want to chat sometime. I hope things get easier for you :-)

    Answer by sugaree at 1:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • You are doing the right thing...but you could have at least put ur differences to the side and spoke to him about everyting before you decided to take it to keep repeating that he has a GF as though you are....jealous. I am not trying to come down on you but you could have at least gave him a chance. See the things with men is that once they approach you with an opportunity to have a sit down and discuss things without the GP been involved then you should have donw that. Me and my CF was the same way because we had ppl all up in our ear about doing this and doing we actual took the time as ADULTS to figure out what is best for our daughter. And to this day we have the best communication...we both had relationship with other ppl and dealt with the drama...and both are single and loving our daughter. Let me tell you that I do have him on CS and that was a mutual agreement between me and him....TRY TALKING

    Answer by mom42107 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
How do you do it? adult content

Next question overall (Holidays)
Christmas gifts???