Don't know what to do?

This is so long but i'll try and make it short..My baby is 4 1/2 months old. He's been colic since he came home from the hospital at 2 wks old. He has been gradually getting better, I actually thought we were through it a couple of times. Now for a couple days he has been having these screaming bouts, like screaming at the top of his lungs to the point where it hurts my ears (he has always had a loud cry but not this loud). He was starting to occupy himself for 5-10 mins in his bouncer and exersaucer. Now we get about 30 seconds before he starts fussing. He used to get cranky when he was tired and he would just go to sleep now he squirms and fusses and its like a fight ot get him to go to sleep. The past few days he's been worse than at his worst part of colic. I had him to the doctor the other day for a rash on his belly and chest which she said was eczema and she said his belly was fine so i'm thinking its not colic. Also, I should add his older brother is sick and everytime he's sick the baby gets really crabby so i'm thinking he catches it from him but this time I just feel like something is wrong. Maybe ear infection? But theres no fever..My husband says to wait but I say take him to the doctor and say "theres something wrong with him" what do you think?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rule of thumb: When you think you oughta go to the doctor, you oughta go to the doctor. WORST thing that can happen is the doctor says nothing's wrong and you just need to do x, y or z.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You use your mommy gut. If that is what you want to do than do it. I am with you!!! You know your baby the best.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks guys I agree with you, the only thing that bothers me is that I've been wrong before, I guess it doesn't matter.... You ever feel like you just are always at the doctor.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You certainly don't want him suffering with an ear infection so there's nothing wrong with bringing him in to get it checked out. As far as his colic- my friends daughter was extremely colicy for 3-4 months to the point where my friend was giving up and ready to throw in the towel- she cried non stop every day. I would help her out when I could, and nothing seemed to work. Then she brought her daughter to the chiropractor one time- that's all it took- one adjustment and her daughter never cried again! I would look into it. Find a chiropractor who specializes with young children and infants, they are gentle and it obviously works. Good luck!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Eczema feels horrible and can be bothersome even if you can't see a rash. A 4 mo baby is too young to be put in an exersaucer. It is a bad position for the spine and development. Have you tried slings and wraps? The Fussy Baby Book by Dr. William Sears is excellent and has many suggestions.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2010