Any Medical Assistants Out There? Do You Like Your Job?

Thinking about going to school for Med. Asst.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• just go for nurse MA don't make much unless your in get hired privately.. I am currently doing MA only because the hospital that hired me on is paying for nursing school.
    Anonymous

• i've never been one, but went to school to school for it. I changed my mind when i found out how much the salary would be. I finished the course because i started it, but you will be nurse, receptionist and phlebotomist all rolled in one and you'll probably only get around 30,000/year. You're probably better off going for ultrasound school where you would start around 50,0000/yr. Nursing is great but the schooling is longer, if you wouldnt mind the schooling nursing is awesome. Hope everything works out well for you.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I good friend of mine is considering the same thing. She's a little turned off right now over the fact she might have to draw blood.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010