How did you transition to sleeping on your side?

I'm a belly and back sleeper. The reasons I can't sleep on my belly were blatant but I was really upset that I can't sleep on my back. I'm trying to get my body used to side sleeping but it isn't working out so well. Do you think it'll happen more naturally when i get a bigger belly? How did you make the transition?

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL.....the belly forced me off my belly. I dont know how anyone can sleep on there belly preggo!!!! I have tried and I feel like I am lying on a ball! But if they get sleep that way more power to them. I use a tone of pillows when I can sleep.....not sleeping makes the hospital bed that much more comfy!!!!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I propped myself with body pillows.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The pillows make it alot easier! Although really getting good sleep while pregnant is close to impossible.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I never changed. I would sleep on my back eventually even if I started on my side and I was fine and my baby was fine. but for comfort as I got bigger I could put a pillow behind me which would keep me from rolling completely to my back.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 1:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I got a bunch of pillows...that helps. Plus as you progress you tend to just naturally sleep on your side, and the baby usually chooses which side it is..lol.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't I sleep on my belly from beginning to end. I can't sleep any other way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I had pillow on both sides of me so that I didn't fall completely on my back or my belly, and the baby will decide which side it is.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 1:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010