Why Clomid? adult content

So, I do ovulate (just didn't in October) every month, my cycles are always 28-29 days long (so regular) and no other issues with the exception of DH having a somewhat lower sperm count (though not so low that they are concerned) so why would I be prescribed Clomid to help aid with ovulation? I am 36 and we do want to get pregnant again so could it be that time is not on our side and she is trying to boost my chances each month?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 1:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Why don't you ask your Dr?
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 1:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am doing research on my own online but also trying to get a woman's perspective if her situation is similar to mine and she went on Clomid.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Make sure your man gets Vitamin C, E, B-12, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc, and EFA's (essential fatty acids) found in seeds (Pumpkin, sesame,sunflower, linseed), nuts and oily fish such as tuna, mackrel, herring, and salmon. All these make for good strong mobile swimmers.

I am guessing the clomid would be to up your chances. That question is best answered by the prescribing doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• To boost your chances without clomid (or with if you end up taking it) eat carrots, bananas, pomegranates,and figs. Cumin is good as well. Use seeds in your cooking, leaves in the salad, and add the oil to ice cream, drinks, sweets and bread. Make sure you get Vitamin E, B-6, Manganese, Selenium, and Zinc. A good prenatal should have all of them plus extra folic acid.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When you are talking about leaves and seeds, what kind? I am already drinking smoothies every other day with bananas and I love carrots so we have those at least every other night with dinner. I have been taking a prenatal vitamin for months which has just the right amounts of folic acid and my other vitamins and minerals. DH is not a fan of fish (nor am I) so unfortunately we only eat lean beef and chicken as well as veggies. He takes MacaSure daily. But, I will have to look into the other minerals/vitamins for him as well.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• ask ur doc x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sorry Cumin seeds and leaves. They also sell cumin oil which is the add on to the sweets and breads.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I assume you can buy these in your local grocery store or does it have to a natural food store?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I was prescribed Clomid to get pregnant with my ds after suffering two miscarriages back to back and then finding out I have Factor V Leiden, a blood clotting disorder. The reason being that I was also older and time was wasting. I did conceive and followed an aspirin and Progesterone regimen for the clotting problems and carried to term. After that, I conceived on my own without Clomid when my ds was 8 months old!! Since then my ds, now turning one next week has been diagnosed with Autism. I have researched like crazy online and have found that Autism is higher (some say as much as 50% higher) in Clomid conceived babies. I'm not telling you what to do, just do your own research before making any decision because doctors will not tell you this. Feel free to message me.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• ....oh, also if you do decide to take Clomid, it can make your fluids "hostile" to your hubbie's sperm. Doctors don't tell you that either. You need to take an OTC expectorant (don't confuse with a decongestant!!) to increase fluids every day during ttc.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2010