Has anyone had a VBAC within 12 months of a c-section?

I was given the green light to have a VBAC, it will be 1 year apart or even a little less. I'm not sure if I ever heard of this before. Any info or advice would be great

sweetlyblissful

Asked by sweetlyblissful at 1:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wanted to but my ob would not let me because my scar was only 13 months old when it came time to deliver my 3rd. i have heard that it is too risky with such a young scar, but ive also heard the risks of surgery are greater than the risk of rupture. i definitely would be asking around though before you decide to do either one.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You should be fine. There are many women that have gotten pregnant quickly after a c-section and went on to VBAC. If you have not, join the VBAC support group here. There are tons of birth stories to read and some are from mom's in your situation. :) I did not have a VBAC at 12 months but my first one was at 14 months post c-section.
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Awesome!
    Be sure to get info and support through your journey!
    There are groups here, I encourage you to try some ICAN Meetings in your area, at least check out their website, get a birth doula, and read.

Do you need title suggestions?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010