How do I cook roast beef in crock pot

I found this recipe for "moms roast beef" in recipes for busy moms and the direcions say to cook in on the stoptop for 2 1/2 hours. I want to do it in the crockot though, how long should I do it? I have 2.70lbs

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I cook mine on low for about 8 hours.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Put in the meat and seasonings and then enough liquid to come 1/3 up the side of the meat. Most crockpots have two settings, low and high. Low takes about 8 hours but tastes the best, high takes about 4 hours and is a little less awesome but still good. Pick your setting and about two hours before its done you add your potatoes and carrots or whatever else you're putting in there :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I pour in one of these sauces..
    Cream of Chicken Soup
    Cream of Mushroom Soup
    Sloppy Joe Sauce
    Pureed Tomato Sauce (And season it myself)
    HUNTS Speghetti Sauce

I have used them all and like them all. I pour in half of a large can (Adding seasoning if needed), place the roast (Thawed) ontop, then adding the remainder of the can over that. I cook it on high for 5-6 hours. You can also cook it on low for 8-9 hours if you'll be out of the house all day. You can also add cubed Red Potatoes and thick cut carrots halfway through cooking if you have room in the crock. I never do, so I just make those seperately.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would pan sear it first and then put it in the crock pot till it falls apart on low...probably a good 5 or 6 hours.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 4:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I put the meat in the crock pot, add onion soup mix and 2 c water. Cook on low for 8 hours, 2 hours before it is done add the potatoes, carrots and onions. Pour the juice in a pan, bring to a boil, mix flour and water in a jar and shake to mix, add to the juices and you will have great gravy. Such an easy dinner and yummy.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2010