Do Muslims, Buddhist, etc denounce God in sermons/teachings the way Christians denounce Buddha, Mohammed, etc in theirs?

Okay I am a Christian and this past Sunday I noticed that twice in either the sermon or in the songs we sang that there was mention of these other gods. The one that stood out was in a song. The lyrics go like this

Father can you hear me
I'm calling on your name
Not budda nor muhammed
but it's Jesus we cry out loud
Father just forgive us
Hear us when we say
We'll give ya, give ya, give you everything our lifes and souls today

Okay so right there I kind of froze in place because I was like yeah, we do not believe what they do, but must we denounce them like that??? What do you guys think? And do other faiths do something similar???? Or is it just us that do it?

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• the song is ignorant, Buddha isn't a deity and neither is Muhammed, but the god of Islam is the same God as that of Christians.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. It is tehir views on Jesus that differ slightly.
    Buddha was not a God nor is he considered one in buddhism.,
    I really detest ignorance
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Buddha is not a God nor is he considered one in Buddhism. The Christians and Muslims believe in the same God only with different prophets.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Buddhists do not denounce other faiths or religious icons.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've been in Christian churches my entire life, and I have ever yet to hear ANY of the "denounce" anyone such as that.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Muslims recognize Christ as a teacher and prophet. Don't know about Buddhists but I did find this link: http://www.christendom-awake.org/pages/dlancash/chineseworks/TaiHsu.pdf I'm reading through it myself right now. A bit of deep reading.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I can only speak of my life/experiences in the 2 religions that I spend the most time in/with and most active in.. Hinduism and Sikhism.

No. Neither religion does that.. Both Hindus and Sikhs believe all is one, that there is One Universal Creator, no matter what name you use to address the creator, what holy text/book you use, the name of your house of worship..etc.. All who believe in God believe in and worship the One Universal Creator (Ek Onkar).. Therefore, all religions are respected equally. All are legitimate.. All have merit. All are true and rightful paths to God. So there is no reason to denounce, make less of, or refute the beliefs of others.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If some who responded to this question represent Christianity, it's no wonder Christians are hated in parts of the world. For the record, the Muslims I know haven't blown up any Christians, and I don't see that they plan to. What an ignorant thing to say.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 3:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• As far as the lyrics are concerned .... Buddha didn't claim to be a god, nor did Mohamed. So what is the problem?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Buddha and Mohammad are not gods and are not worship as gods by Buddhists or Muslims.

lovemnl

Answer by lovemnl at 5:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010