can you get pregnant if you have intercourse 2 days after your period finished?

i was wondering if you could really get pregnant 2 days after your period finishes and if it happen to some of you.

I got my period 11/20/10 and ended 11/25/10 had intercourse 11/25/10 and 11/27/10 both times he ejaculated in me so is there a chance i could be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's pretty unlikely, but technically you can get pregnant at any point in your cycle.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• How many days from the 1st day of your period would that be? And how long is it from day 1 of period to the next day 1.

It's not impossible but it all would depend on your cycle length and when you ovulate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes, I'm certain that's how I got pregnant with my daughter!
    NZAngel

Answer by NZAngel at 2:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You can get pregnant even ON your period. It depends on when you ovulated...sperm can actually live for a couple of days after you have sex, so you can actually get pregnant on a day when you didn't have sex if that's when the egg and sperm meet. You can find this information online.

The odds are that you won't get pregnant that soon after your period.....but keep in mind there are a small percentage of people who will get pregnant at that point in your cycle. Any time you have unprotected sex it is possible to get pregnant.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Absolutely. That's how I ended up with my son.
    GrahamsMomAngel

Answer by GrahamsMomAngel at 2:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Not real likely, but possible nonetheless.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you have a normal cycle, then it's unlikely, because you don't usually ovulate until about 2 weeks after the first day of your last period, which is when you are most fertile. Right after your period you are the least fertile. Just like others said. It is possible, but unlikely, unless your ovulation is irregular, and you happen to ovulate right after your period.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you are a female of child bearing age with all your baby making parts and you have unprotected sex, you can get pregnant.

That said, I doubt you are. Take a test in a few weeks, when your next period is due.
    Anonymous