Is your DH totally different at home than at work?

I was talking to DH's co worker the other day and he said he is amazed at how calmly my DH handles situations at work. That he never gets upset or angry over things that most people are screaming about. This is a different man than comes home at night, he blows up over the smallest thing and we are always tip toeing around him. I realized this may be his coping mechanism dealing with his work stress but I don't get why he takes it out on the one's that love him the most.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• He most likely is very different at work than he is at home. He most likely interacts with co-workers much differently than he interacts with me.

I never really spend time with him at work, so how he truly acts at work I have no idea. However, it makes perfect sense to me and I would expect him to act/interact differently at work than at home.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Because thats what men do... In my experience anyways.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My dh is much more relaxed at home, and he pretty much lets me make most of the decisions. At work he's very take charge and on the go.

Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am not sure how my hubby is at work (he's military).. but i've had a number of people tell me what a great soldier he is and that they are lucky to have him in the company. Now what I do find interesting is that he gets up at 5am every morning and does PT for an hour and a half.. I can't even imagine him running or being physical in any kind of way because at home he's the laziest man i've ever met LOL
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• To be effective at work, he has to be calm. He may handle the home stress a lot different than the work stress as well. Just sayin.

My SO is who he is, but is a lot more laid back at home. He's not an angry person, hell, I don't recall him ever raising his voice to me (or the kids)... Polar opposite of my ex husband.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yes and it drives me crazy but when i say something he says i imagine it
    mommydown

Answer by mommydown at 3:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes, there is a work hubby and a home hubby. At work he is no nonsense, get things done and at home he is laid back and fun. I'm so glad we live with the home hubby. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Mine has to be. He's in the military so things work differently at work than home. He's very mellow and laid back at home, doesn't get angry easy, etc. But at work I hear he's totally opposite..lol.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010