the problem is getting worse

i have a 3 months old kitten. its male and it's the very first time i have a male cat. i found him when he was very petit (we didn't even know if he would make it) and now we have had this great problem. he scratches and bites all the time. we can't even touch him. we can't walk in the house because he attacks and both our arms and legs are full of scratches. this is getting very annoying and i don't really know what to do.

yianna671

Asked by yianna671 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Getting him fixed will help. He will calm down as he gets older. I remember being covered with scratches. It only last a year or 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you could try neutering him...I hear that calms them waaaaay down.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• He will outgrow it! He thinks you guys are coming in to play with him! put on your mittens and a long sleeved shirt and get down on his level and play with him! When he bites you say NO in a loud voice; but you can play catch with his paws and horse around on the floor with him a little. At this age he doesn't know quite how to control his claws; so he has them out all the time! He'll out grow that; it just takes some working with him! I had scars from my ankles to my knees from my baby kitty jumping up on my lap! lol It hurt like hell; but everytime he would jump up with his claws out I would take him off my leg(carefully) and put him back on the floor. He finally got to where he would jump up on my lap without clawing his way up the leg! It just takes them time-until then their instincts tell them claws out!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• He will out grow this but make sure that no one plays rough with him because that will encourage him to play rough. You can try shaking a can with Pennies in it or even spraying your hands with bitter apple when he is most likely going to bite.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• thank you very much girls
    yianna671

Comment by yianna671 (original poster) at 3:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• well i am sorry to say but you might have to get rid of him.....thats not good that he does that to you guys....it can cause infection if you dont watch....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i agree with the ladies get him fixed as soon as you can trust me it will help, i know because i have 11 cats of my own. i have four 3 month kittens and as they hear me or my husband come in the house all they want to do is play right away. they will out grow it, you just have to have a little patience. there is no need to get rid of him maybe you need to get him a play mate like another kitten for him to play with. make sure you have cat toys for him to play with. hope everything works out.
    lilcalimom02

Answer by lilcalimom02 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010