have you ever had

flaking dry skin on your pussy lips or clit. it itches like hell and just noticed the dry skin today. i have been using the same soap for sometime now but i have been itching for awhile now and thought it to be a persistant yeast infection cause i do have some irritation. it seems to be curbed for awhile then the next day it's there. so i'm starting to wonder if it is the soap, which is odd since my hubby uses it for his psoriasis and he didn't say it dries his skin out. i did use alot of the soap to rid whatever was making me itch so now today i'm peeling. yikes. or is it something else. thats why i'm asking. has anyone experienced this and is it something not related to the soap?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• um ew...try using a tmi symbol next time please...
    Anonymous

• I don't use soap on my vaginal area. Since it's self cleansing, the most I do is to use a cottonelle wipe and plain water.

as for you hubby. The skin on his body is less sensitive than your vulva and clit. eliminate the soap and see if it gets better.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I get itchy when I need to shave and have peeled when gaulded in the summer, but not any other time.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have your hormone levels checked. Sounds like vaginal dryness due to low estrogen levels.
    Can start in your early thirties
    Anonymous

• i have been extra dry when having sex! weird. i'll have to find a dr that takes care credit then. thanks. also i had thought of using the tmi but didn't think it was tmi.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• oh and i just stopped breast feeding so my estrogen levels would be low.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No, but you shouldn't be using soap on your vagina anway.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010