Can I put cereal on my 2 months old milk?

Thinking of putting cereal on my 2 months old milk will it be right? Doc app on thursday

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DON'T DO IT!!!! IT WILL UPSET THE BABY'S STOMACH!!!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 3:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'm hoping you mean formula, and no it is not advised
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• your not supposed to these days. 17 years ago it was just fine, but I guess these days babys choke on cereal when it's in formula. 4-6 months is when your can introduce foods
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would avoid it... in a few month go ahead and introduce it to your baby by spoon
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• ask the pediatrician they usually only suggest it when baby has reflux
    Babybear89

Answer by Babybear89 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No. Wait until she turns 5 months and feed it with a spoon. It doesn't help them sleep through the night. It will make her constipated, then you will have to start fruit. She is too young for all that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Never put cereal in a child's milk unless it is under doctor's orders.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When my 3 were babies I was told no cereal until the baby was 4-6 months old. I suggest you hold off on the cereal and just keep feeding baby formula/breastmilk and at the next Doctor appointment ask your baby's doctor when would be a good time to introduce cereal.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• grain is one of the LAST things you introduce to a baby, they can't even digest it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Can you - yes. Should you? NO. All baby needs at this point in life is milk - breast or formula. Nothing more. Cereal is a filled that does nothing nutritionally.

Yes, years ago they introduced solids much earlier. They also didn't have medications for infant reflux, if a doc believed it existed, so they thickened baby's milk.

My pediatrician said that I will have at least 18 years to feed my baby, why rush it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010