What gives? kinda long sorry.

My 2yr son is visiting a friend with his sister for a couple days. When she got them i told her a few things she might need to know. like he is a very picky eater and if she gives it to him and dont eat try to feed him herself (i ahve to do it sometimes.) And that he wuld wakeup a few times a night. Or that he wont tell you when he has to go to the bathroom. But since she has had him see hasnt had any problems with any of these things. She gave them corn, hamburger helper, galic bread, for dinner and mandrin oranges for snack she didnt have any problem with himeating anyof it by himself. i can barely get him to eat cereal by himself in the morning and cant get him to eat veggies or fruits with even me feeding it to him. Why will he do it for others and not me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the same problem with my son, when I go to put him on his potty seat he has a temper tantrum, he screams if I won't give him a binkie (he is 2 as well) but at daycare he does it all willingly he even asks to go potty. It's all about what you allow them to do and don't allow them to do. Chances are your child does these things because you cater to it. Trust me we all as parents have those moments. My son is just now losing his binky because it was easier for me to let him have it then hear him scream. I realize how wrong those actions were so now he screams for it and has fits in an attempt to get it. You just have to force yourself through a few rough weeks and force your child to start feeding themselves and behaving the way you wish they would. Don't be afraid of times outs or letting your child cry sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to put them on their bed, partially close the door and walk away.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Man when i feed my daughter wiht people around all she does is play with it and makes a huge mess... But when shes alone with me its fine or when she is with other people.. i dont get it but i hate it lol so i dont know what to say to help
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 4:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Cuddlek said it - you're mom. He trusts you. He knows you won't get mad and hurt him. He can test the waters with you, find out where the boundaries are, just how far he can go, knowing he is safe and loved even when he steps over that line.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• He's got you pegged mom. ;c) He knows you'll do it! lol. Ask her if she's done anything different, but I'd say it's just because he's away from home!
    Anonymous