What's your biggest complaint about pumping at work?

mbarkley87

Asked by mbarkley87 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• there is no where private, besides a bathroom, to do it.. or you get stuck doing it in your car ugh
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would have no where in my office to do it. There are no private areas. Just the bathroom stall. There are no empty offices with doors. I have a cubicle. There are a few offices, but people work in them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You ladies should be more comfortable shortly if you are working for a large enough company. Hubby's office is being forced to add a room just for this - even though there is no one there who wants to use it. Christmas bonuses will not be paid this year to fund this room and the required equipment. Gotta love Obama's new healthcare crap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That it feels like I am in a non-friendly area. Fluorecent lights, tile floors, sterile, not homey.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• scout_mom...most states already have laws that state anyone who employs 50+ must provide an area for a nursing mom to pump that is not a bathroom.

Also, what kind of equipment do they have to provide? The mother brings her own pump. They just have to provide a room that can be locked with a chair.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• They are installing a machine that is a pump mounted to the wall that is somehow sanitary and all parts that touch the milk are disposable. I don't really understand how it works because my idea of a pump is just a little thing, but this is not.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My job had added a room just for this but at the time I was working graveyard and ppl would sleep in there so I would have to wake them up and ask them to leave. Or while I was pumping ppl would just walk in. There was no door just a curtain.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 3:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The stress of having so much work to do I HAVE to fit in time to pump but I worry about work while doing it. UGH! I hated that. Everything else was more of a peeve to me, not a big complait-problem.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 3:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Also, there are 4 women's bathroom's at this facility and only 1 of them has the stalls. The rest are single rooms all with chairs, nicely decorated and well kept. I can see not wanting to do it in a bathroom stall, but these are nice bathrooms so I don't get the need for a special room with a special machine for such a small demographic of people.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I ultimately ended up not pumping at work because the only place available was a bathroom where anyone could walk in on me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010