How did your 2nd (or more) labour feel?

I'm just curious really. I'm almost 36wks so the big day is approaching....but I was wondering if it will feel like my first labour. My waters broke then I got period type cramps a few hours later which just built and built to contractions....do you think it will be the same kinda feelings again??

MeAndLo

Asked by MeAndLo at 3:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first labor was text book, 12 hours of active labor, before that was 18 hours of steady contrations. My second child was induced, all they did was break my water. I was 6 cm before I felt any contractions, then all hell broke loose. I went from 6-10cm in a little over 2 hours
    Anonymous

• and why the hell is my answer annon lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I had back labor with my first, so for me it was a completely different feeling then that. It started out with period like cramping, then just went into bigger and harder contractions. It was fairly quick and easy (to the extent that labor can be at least) It could be much the same, or totally different you never really know. Good luck and congratulations!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My first labor was almost pleasant. I labored at home from midnight to 6am. Went to the hospital, 6cm dilated, no meds, baby boy born at 8:42am.

Second labor was an all day pain and misery fest finally ending at almost midnight with a 9.9lb perfect baby boy and one exhausted and in pain mama.
    Third labor was just as pleasant, maybe worse, as the second.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It was similar to my first, although more painful. Not unbearable, but more painful. It was not as long (36 hours instead of 41) and I didn't push for as long (6 minutes instead of 54).
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my 2nd and 3rd labors were nothing like my 1st labor.....my 1st labor was pure hell 7 hrs and 34mins of back labor...My 2nd labor was like really bad period cramps and lasted 3hrs 31 mins and my 3rd labor I didnt even know I was in labor thought I was having BH boy was I wrong went in for my reg weekly check dr asked if I was having any contractions told him only bh he checked me and I was 5 cms 90%effaced and had a contraction while he was examing me he goes u feel that I said feel what he told me to get to the birthing center that was at 2:30pm I finally got to the birthing center at 4pm and at 5:39pm had my baby total hard labor was 5 mins
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 4:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010