Does anyone know when your not sepose to swim anymore. I forgot to ask my doctor and want to go swimming tomorrow. I'm 32 wks.

stephmiester87

Asked by stephmiester87 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm 31 weeks and my doctor said that swimming is one of the best ways to get exercise(exspicialy in the last triamester) because when you sare in the water,it takes of some of the wieght if you know what i mean.And that in early labor it also helps relax and soothe you.

P.s- To answer your question all the way up until you have the baby(if you dont have a water birth)lol.
    kimmie-113

Answer by kimmie-113 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• swimming would be great for you! i mean, women GIVE BIRTH in the water, so swimming cant be bad. the only concern would be if your water has already broken it would increase the risk of infection....other than that its a great idea!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You arent supposed to go swimming after your water breaks. Swimming and walking are the two most recommended forms of exercise for a pregnant woman...you just can't jump into the water, slowly submerge
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 6:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You're fine to swim till your water breaks like stated previously. The only exclusion is swimming in a jacuzzi that has a temp greater then that of body temp (98.6) Swimming will be great for you. It feels great too, while you're submerged you don't feel so heavy, but it's really bizarre when you get out and all that weight just sits with you again, you're going to feel REAL heavy. I noticed this in my last pregnancy, just a funny memory.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You don't have to stop swimming unless your water breaks! It's great exercise, relieves stress, feels good b/c it takes the weight of the baby off your body while you're in the water... enjoy!!!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• DO NOT SWIM IN LAKES OR RIVERS!!!! you risk getting infections the baby too pools are fine so swin away.....
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I was a competitive swimmer for many years, and swam up and until ONE WEEK before I had EACH of my children. Swimming is THE BEST form of exercise for pregnant women...you're virtually weightless, you get a great cardiovascular workout, it is relaxing/soothing, builds muscle tone, constricts swelling in the joints (back, knees, ankles, etc.). Don't worry about infections...your baby is protected in what is called the amniotic sac!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I think swimming is an excellent way to exercise. Just get clean afterward b/c you need to get the chlorine off of you.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2008