• In the Spotlight:

when will my baby have upper teeth

my baby is 14 months and she has no upper teeth .

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 3:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How many bottom teeth does she have? 2, 3, or 4? Then I wouldn't worry about it. The top ones will be along soon. If she has 5 or more bottom teeth, let your doctor or dentist take a look. She is probably fine but better to find out.

The only real "rule" when it comes to getting teeth is that they'll have all 20 baby teeth by the time they turn 3.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• There was an article in American Baby mag this month with a timetable that states ' upper: central & lateral incisors 8-13 mths, 1st molars 10-19 mths, canines 16-23 mths, 2nd molars 23-33 mths. Although, I am sure this is just a general guideline, it couldn't hurt to call a pediatric dentist, even if you dont have insurance. Good luck!
    leamaclean

Answer by leamaclean at 5:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I can't answer that, my daughter is 10 months, has 2 on the bottom and 2 canine on top, but no upper front teeth.. I guess it changes per kid.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008