sister in law

does anyone have a sister in law that makes them feel intimidated. if so how do you deal

mommydown

Asked by mommydown at 3:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• just remember that they are human too. Be happy and proud of who you are. Who cares about them just be the best you that you can be.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My SIL is extremely intimidating. She would make wise cracks at my expense and then refuse to get to know me or actually talk to me like a human being. I just distanced myself from her, you know, acted cold to her, and she doesn't come around so much as a result. It is sad, but she obviously has issues that started long before I entered the picture, so that is how it has to be.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure how she intimidates you? Are you afraid of her? or does she just seem so "perfect" you feel like you don't measure up?

I have a sister in law who is a world renowned scientist & a professor at UCLA. I have been pretty much a sahm for the last 20 yrs. Her house is spotless (they have no kids) she speaks something like 8 or 9 languages, travels the world & is an amazing cook....oh, & did I mention that she's a really nice person?.

I probably should feel intimidated. But, I'm very happy with my own life. No our house isn't as fancy as hers, I have teenagers in & out all of the time, so it's rarely spotless...although I try to keep a clean house. I'm a pretty fair cook myself & I have a husband & 3 sons that I adore. I'm kind of a homebody, so I have no desire to travel. I've made the life that I want, she's made the life that was right for her. I admire her greatly, but I'm not intimidated.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010