Prayer space

Do you have a special place in your home where you say your prayers?
Where is it and what does it look like?
Do you add to it or change it and different times of the year or is it always the same?
Post a picture if you want..

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 3:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have 2.

I have a puja space/alter set up that includes all the items I need for specific pujas/meditations and statues of various Hindu Gods/Goddesses. Mine changes during different holidays/festivals and if I'm performing a special puja for a specific God/Goddess.

My husband has a space set up for his prayers/meditations as well. He has a special rug, a special stand for the Guru Granth Sahib, The Guru Granth Sahib & photos of a few Sikh Gurus. His doesn't really change.

We also have a special place for our yoga practices as well. Both of us have practiced yoga our entire lives.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just decided the other day that our little office cubby would be my prayer space. I haven't done much to it because we're renting. But it's definatetly something I'm going to consider when we buy a house.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I pray at the foot of my bed. It's always the same a crucifix at the head of my bed.
    Anonymous

• Our family prayer corner is next to the kitchen table. We change the icons (pictures) depending on the feast day or time of year. We also have flowers in May for Mary and pussy willows in Easter, it changes a lot. The colours of the candle holders change depending on the liturgical season. (They should be yellow right now but my son lost one of them :S).

tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Pixie-trix is sounds beautiful. I would love to see a picture.
    I am interested in what other people look at while they pray to God.
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I pray when I drive to and from school. Only time I can without being interuppted ya know?
    When I move though I will find place where ever I live to have a little space.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a room for myself..it is a work in progress but the biggest feature is an evolving graffiti wall with pagan pictures and runes and sygils.. and nature ones of course. It also has a large altar and a candle garden and of course places to sit and meditate.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No. You can pray anytime, anywhere.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 4:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I pray anytime any where. I don't have one specific place.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would love to have a nice little space to sit and pray but I pray everywhere and anywhere. When I feel the need to pray, I stop what i am doing and just pray.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010