overwhelmed

Any moms who have struggle to get through the evening after working all day. I am a nurse assistant in a nursing home. I am busy on my feet all day. I don't feel like doing anything when I get home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• So, be sensible about it: have a nap when you get home.

It's easier to do if you start the week with some advanced planning: on (your) Saturday afternoon, make dinner for (your) Monday (there's all kinds of things you can prepare in advance and put into the fridge) so when you get home from work on Monday, you can pop it into the oven and go have a nap for 90 minutes. Then, when you wake up, you'll be all refreshed, have energy and be ready to eat. After dinner, you can make tomorrow night's dinner... either slow cooker assembly ready to pop on before you go, or another 'already to go in the oven' meals... while you're doing tonight's dishes.

If you come home starving, have a light snack and then have a nap.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I know how you feel. I've started to make dinners ahead of time, and if I'm lucky I can squeeze in a few minutes before homework/dinner time to wind down. The problem I have is that the kids all need help with homework and then dinner/clean up time arrives, and then time to get ready for bed. I drag through all of that on some nights. It's so hard to stay awake.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I used to feel like that when I got home when I worked outside of the house. I was missing out on my son's life because I was just so exhausted when I got home :o(

I work from home now so if you are interested, feel free to visit my website at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and I can get you more info. I LOVE what I do now and I am not soooooo exhausted at the end of the day :o)

Good Luck and I hope you get some rest soon! :o)

~Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I used to work fullt time outside the home. By the time I got home, my husband had gone to work. I only saw him twice a week. You do what you need to do.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes I get tired too. Just pick a few things that are most important to you and tackle them. For instance, I really do not want to cook after work so I looked up some awesome crock pot recipes. Laundry: I dont care how the kids fold it or if something comes out a little pink. lol Dont be so hard on yourself, ok?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010