• In the Spotlight:

Does anybody else get scared when their husband leaves?

My husband always leaves really early in the morning for work and if I'm awake to see him go I get terrified and I can't go back to sleep. I don't know why I get so scared.... I feel stupid because I get afraid to even walk through the house when it's dark and he's not there. AHHHHH!!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't feel dumb. I used to be that way before we moved into our townhouse. We lived in a regular house before and I didn't feel as secure in it because there were woods behind us but now we're in the middle townhouse between too others in a nice little town with great neighbors(and deadbolt locks) i feel better now. Nightlights will probably help though.
    mom2livie

Answer by mom2livie at 6:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I can relate to that..my BF leaves early at times too.
    I worry more about him being on the road so early in the morning.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• the only time I was ever freaked like that was after watching Psycho..I couldn't shower alone in the house for years.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Am I just dumb then?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i used to be really freaked out, my husband works overnights, but my reason was cause i was raped in my own house. im better than i was but still get on edge when i see ppl walking around clsoe to my house late at night .
    Anonymous

• My DH works midnights.. and I was this way for a long time.. But i am getting better...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't think you're dumb. I think you just have a fear that is getting the better of you. Would nightlights throughout the house help?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Lol I'm actually thinking of nightlights.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am the same way. You should get nightlights before the baby is born anyway, there alot of help when you get up to check on the baby or feed the baby in the middle of the night.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm the same way my SO works 2_10pm and he works almost an hour away and when it begins to get dark I lock the bedroom door and stay there unless I have to use the restroom or I need a snack!I always thought it was silly but I've always been this way, even when I was still in high school living with my mom.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008