Are you judgmental?

I used to be much more judgmental than I am now but since I got my nephews I have become much more supportive of other moms and understanding of their struggles, has anyone else had this experience?

mlregalado

Asked by mlregalado at 4:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try very hard not to be most of the time.. but in certain cases I just can't help it!! What would you think if you went outside and your neighbor was on the porch smoking cigs and chatting with a friend while her 4 year old son is running around in the street with ONLY a diaper on in 50 degree weather?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I try not to be but yes I am.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 5:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes, I used to be much more judgemental, but have learned that there are two sides to every situation.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yep when you are younger you are more passionate about things. I am older and have had more experiences and added a few children so I focus more on my family and not what others are doing. I can be supportive of mothers too. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• everyone has been judgemental at some point. I'm pretty non-judgemental, but i agree that it's hard sometimes. If i saw what Ctink mentioned, ya....i would probably judge the smoking mother with her naked child running around in the cold. I would think that she is selfish.

So, even though i'm pretty good at giving people the benefit of the doubt, i can still judge folks sometimes.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• For me it was "being on the other side" my 9y/o(nephew) refuses to tie his shoes so they wear out fast, he loses things jackets, hoodies, he used to chew on his clothes so that I would have to buy him new ones. He even told people that I don't ever buy him anything new, that all he has to wear is his brothers' old stuff. I have even had CPS here because of him telling people that I don't buy him anything. I have become much less judgmental because of all these experiences. But I do still judge sometimes.
    mlregalado

Comment by mlregalado (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The older I get, the less judgmental I am. I've learned that we are all different and must let folks do their own thing. Within reason, of course.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Nope I have to say I out grew that judgmental stage. LOL. I like my self so much better this way.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No. I think that it's better to try to be understanding of the next person.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010