I need to vent....before I tell this woman a story!

Ok...cafemoms I am so pissed off....rite now. For the past 3 months I have been paying my moms car ins (we on the same policy) We are suppose to split the bill but she lost her job and I have been trying to help her out. Well, she is always gone to Alabama and we live in GA..she always says she dont have any $ but she also share a cellphone with my sister and her jobless ass BF...who neither one of them have a job but all their phones are still on. My mother does get unemployment and to my assumption or shall I say I heard that she pays the cellphone bill. I am so hurt and upset that she would constantly used me like I am not her child....I dont mind helping her but I do mind that she is helping ppl while I am helping her. At this moment I want to tell my mother to leave me alone and dont ever contact me until she knows how to treat me..She bends over neck and back for my other sisters. Sometimes I want to cry on her shoulder but she is never around for me. I am so sad rite now and crying my eyes out that its hurts....

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• If they both need to get jobs and keep them don't they need to have working phones? what is an employer needs to get them a new shift, extra hours, or "call in sick people" to replace them with substitutes. ??

With no phone what if their car were stranded.?
    What if they need to call their landlord? I know they should work, blah, blah, and they will not have to worry about rent, I've wondered why people don't just get jobs that are just local in the first place. Right off the bat. Like even their first job. I didn't ...now I wished I'd stayed local, and maybe it could have stuck.
    Anonymous

• So she plays favorites with your sister? Has it always been this way? I don't know how you can change THAT but I do know how you can change your current situation...tell her your very sorry but something (don't elaborate on the something) has come up and you can't pay her insurance anymore.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would stop paying for her bills, insurance or anything else. I hate that we have to carry my MIL because she spends her money on helping out her deadbeat kids. But, hubby feels obligated - he promised his dad on his deathbed he would take care of her so now we are stuck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i am so sorry your hurting. I think the best thing you can do you have already done. Share. There is no right anwser when your hurting especially around your mom. When I am sad I still want my mommy. If your a mom nurture that with your child. Sometimes you don't know what to do. Sometimes there is no right thing. Hang in hun...it will pass.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Tell her. Sit her down and tell her straight out that if she's got the money to drive to another state, she's got the money to pay her share of the auto insurance. If she's got the cash to pay for someone else's part of a cell phone bill, she's got the cash to pay her part of the auto insurance. And if she can't start paying it, as per ya'lls agreement, then she will be dropped. She's acting like an irresponsible teenager, and it's time for a little bit of tough love. It's not going to hurt your policy to drop her. It's not like it will hurt your credit.
    She's already playing favorites. So if she gets mad and doesn't spend time with you, doesn't talk with you, that won't be a new thing, right? You are hurt now, at least then you won't be out the money, which I'm sure you need. And you still won't be being used by your own mother. So what if she's pissed? She will either get over it, or she won't. That's her problem.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010