organizational skills?

My first grader is doing great in school, adjusting nicely after doing homeschool last year, but he is having one problem - being organized. I have to admit I'm not the most organized person but I am working on it. But now his teachers telling me that he needs to work on his organizational skills because she has to constantly help him find the papers and other odds and ends that he needs throughout the day. So my question is how do I help him and teach him to be more organized when I'm struggling with it myself? Any ideas or tips to help us? Can you give us any examples of what works for you? Thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get a calendar and write everything down or dry erase calendar.
    Stay consistant and make a routine.
    Make charts.
    Have cool magnets on your fridge to hang important papers.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• get a calendar for your daily activities...make charts and stay focus...start the day right by praying first...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Diff colored folder or NB for each subject. Work with him on putting things away right away, at home too.
    Me too. LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2010