Very curious... Need help understanding others views...

Ok so I keep seeing that people are scared/worried that Obama has been elected President of the United States. Why is that? Why are you so scared? Please honest answers, and no bashing. Thanks in advance ladies!!

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 3:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think some people are just scared of what they don't understand. Instead of trying to understand it, they'd rather stay terrified.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm not scared but I just don't like his abortion and gay rights policies... Not to offend anyone but i don't think his views on either are okay. Oh well! I think Obama should do okay, anything is better then what we have!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I honestly think that the ppl that are "really scared" need therepy.
    I think that the ppl that are freaking out are afraid of change, its human nature after all. But when you are faced with change in order not to fall apart you have to embrace it or you will be running for the rest of your life.JMO
    Anonymous

• I think fear is based on the fact that what he plans can be interpreted as scary stuff. Stuff that could mean the downfall of many freedoms we hold dear.

Thats what Ive been hearing a lot of from people anyway. He's had many critics show legitimate items of concern and blown them off. This worried people that he seemed so shady about things. If he couldnt take the time to answer those concerns...what else could he be hiding and what is he willing to do to gain his own agendas,etc.

If you feel you cant trust someone, that can be scary when they are over important issues.

This is stuff Ive observed during this election process anyway.
    Anonymous

• But what is the "scary stuff". What stuff scares you? What has he said or done? Those are the things that I am trying to figure out.

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• the things I've seen posted here on cafemom is about terrorism (due to the rumors of him being Muslim) and that he's the Antichrist (I have NO idea where they got that one from LOL)

It all comes down to change and new things tend to scare people.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• But he is NOT Muslim, and well the anti-christ thing I could care less about. That's what I don't get, I know that we all have our right to our own opinions and I respect that, but how can we be STRONG GROWN WOMEN and believe things that are flat out not true?

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think there is a ton of misinformation out there and, sadly, it is being believed & repeated by many who have not taken the time to find the truth themselves. I also think that some people are scared of change in any aspect of their lives. And others are just incapable of being happy. They need something to kvetch about.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 4:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• crazydogchick, you bring up an excellent point.
    you know mudslinging is nothing new but it seems like this election really brought out a ton of conspiracy theories.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• heatherama, I totally agree. I've been totally baffled at some of the posts I've seen here. There have been so many times I sit here and shake my head and say, "whaaa?"
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 4:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2008