should i go to the ER???

i have felt like i have had the flu for the past few days. which i know is a part of being preg. but i am sick. i am running a low fever. 100-100.9 i cant stop coughing which is causing really bad cramps in my ovaries and i dont know if i should wait until i go to the gyno or just go to the ER. i am only 5 weeks and do not have a gyno yet. so i will have to wait to make that first app. opinions please?

1sttimemommy926

Asked by 1sttimemommy926 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to get into see your doctor. Only go to the ER if you can't get into see your doctor. But you might need to be admitted to receive fluids etc. so don't dismiss it.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• really bad cramps in my ovaries

could this be cramps in intestenal tract=flu
    or do you really feel like in your ovaries?
    Anonymous

• Make an appt with an OBGYN ASAP. Not sure that your symptoms warrant an er visit, but you never know. Is this your first pregnancy? If the pain is too much to handle when a doctor's office is not open, then go to the er. You need to take care of yourself and your baby. Just don't get too stressed out because that can make you thing the pain is worse than it really is. Sounds strange, I know, but it happens. Good luck.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 4:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Go to either a DR or ER even if it's for piece of mind having the flu while pregnant is not fun at all I had it when I was pregnant with my ds. Hope you feel better
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i feel like i have the flu. but my ovaries also hurt. it could be because i am so early in the pregnancy and have a cyst on one of them. but i honestly feel like i have the flu.
    1sttimemommy926

Comment by 1sttimemommy926 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• it is my first pregnancy. and i was told i was not supposed to be able to get preg. i guess thats why i am so worried. i will make an appt. tomorrow. thank you all very much.
    1sttimemommy926

Comment by 1sttimemommy926 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• P.S. Get a Ob/Gyn asap. At five weeks you should have one already. As a woman you should have had one a long time ago.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010