ok so I just found out I am pregnant by a home pregnancy test the test is very very light I can't get into my OB until the end of December can I go to my family doctor just for a pregnancy test?

If I can get in tomorrow? I want to make sure I read the test right so I want to see if the family doctor can tell if I am pregnant? If so do I just tell them I can't get into my Ob until the end of the month so that I just want a pregnancy test done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most definitely. Just make sure when you make the appt that you tell them why you want to go in. That way they just schedule you for blood work and you don't actually have to see the doctor and pay for a full visit.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 4:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yes you usually can, call ur doctor and ask if they do on site testing, Some do, some dont.
    Mine didnt so they gave me the number to a clinic close and it was free. It wasnt Planned Parenthood but they do it as well. PPH usually has a long wait especially w/ a walk-in,
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 4:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• depends on the test you took
    but IMO, a line is a line, does not matter how dark it is
    sounds like you are pregnant, but early and better not enough along to make the line darker
    why not get another test, do at home? use first am urine-more consintrated
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't think it should be such an emergency, you can wait a little while.
    You can call your doctor to see what he/she says.
    If you're healthy, you might consider a midwife rather than an OB for excellent prenatal care. You might get in sooner, if you really feel it's urgent. They are generally a lot easier to work with and better overall care.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• your preggo if you had the line - retest at home if you have doubts about it but there are no false positives - just negatives because you dont have enough hormones to show - imo you are wasting your $ going to the fam doctor - you w ill just retest the pee again. save your money and wait a month to get in at your ob.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I love my OB so I don't want to switch, but I also don't want to wait lol. When you are trying to get pregnant or think you might be pregnant it is hard to wait. If you know what I mean lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• yep you sure can
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 5:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010