There's this commercial on TV to encourage people to show more moral courage. If you saw somebody being harassed would you step up and do something about it?

You can call me a coward, but ... heck no. I'm sorry. You never know how people react and what sort of funny stuff they carry around. Sometimes they don't even need a gun or other weapon ... Not so long ago a teacher in my area was beaten to death by 3 pupils with bare hands. And feet. Whatever the situation I'd turn around and walk the other way. You can still call 911 when you're around the corner. I hope I never have to do that, but this would be my plan. My dd doesn't need a mother in a wheel chair.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would call 911,as the world is today,People will turn on you ;like a wild animal,even if you did stop and help,most of the time it backfires
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 4:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would try to help, most likely I would call 911 if I thought the situation was threatening. But I have also heard it said that people don't know what to do until one person steps up and then once someone says something other people usually join in. So someone just has to take that first step and if there are others around they will usually back them up. If I was being threatened or abused or harrassed I would be praying that someone would help me.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It would depend on the situation. I've done it once but there was no weapons, and I could have took on the person who was being a bully.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 4:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It depends on the situation and how dangerous it looks
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I know my husband would, i have seen him do it before. He has big balls & demands that people respect each other.

I would be a bit scared to, it would depend on the situation & the people involved. I would follow my gut. If my gut said stay out of it, then i would.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That exactly the point. You can't rely on "how dangerous it looks". Tiny things can grow out of proportion. Nobody has "wacko, about to snap" written on his/ her forehead.
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I aree it depends on the situation at hand.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My first instinct would be to protect my children because they are always with me and decide from there. I would stand up to verbal harrassment.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• well...see, that is what is wrong with people nowdays. Nobody wants to get involved and nobody cares what happens to anyone else. Its all about them..."the me generation". It makes me sick.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would if I could do something but i'd also call the police. If it was a situation where I couldn't get involved personally, I'd look for someone to help...probably the biggest, baddest person I could find..male or female :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010