Not being racial, just a thought!!

I voted for Obama as I believe in the things that he has to offer. I think god has a plan for all of us and this is his plan for this man. I can't however think that the only reason why he is president is because people voted for him because of his race. I don't feel like McCain was givin the chance that he deserved. I believe that Obama should have gotten in this place because others like myself believed in him and were not concerned about his race. Am I the only one that feels this way? Does this question make since?

determind

Asked by determind at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I know exactly what you mean but it goes both ways... some voted FOR Obama b/c he is black and some voted AGAINST him for it, it's just sadly how this country is. Neither of them rEALLY had a fair chance but Obama deserves it.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, it does make sense, probably the only truthful post from an Obama supporter today regarding McCain. If Obama were white, he would have never been elected to the Senate to begin with. Had he associated with a white group like ACORN, he would have been labeled from the get go and Jackson, and Farakhan would have been all over him.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree with you. Obama seems to be a good man with a very good plan. I dont care about if he is black or muslim.. i wouldnt even care if he would be green with purple dots. He has some great things to offer, thats what matters :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• McCain got the shaft.. He was up against Mr Hollywood being backed by major black people like Brandy, Oprah and PDiddy ! It was a damn circus not a campaign. The media was biased and McCain never stood a fair chance. This election was bullshit. I can't even get a straight answer from anyone who supported him on what his child tax credit plan is!
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• AMEN Texas Style, I couldn't get any answers from people on the street either about his "plans". One guy told me he was voting for Obama " because his kids would not have to say the pledge of allegiance in school anymore" when he was elected.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am color blind, I was raised that way. I also dont see ppl with disabilties as their disability, but I am aware that other ppl just cant get there head around it. I also agree with AshJoe05 it goes both ways I think
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I voted and supported McCain and in all honestly I don't believe he fought hard enough....we need someone like Reagan who is not afraid to say something politically incorrect in the view of the left and media even if it is the truth!....Reagan had strength and he showed it by the way he spoke and conducted himself...McCain was too soft and a bit of a push-over....the Republican Party had it right last night when they said the platform has shifted and that alone may be the reason it failed last night...we need a warrior for the Republican values in the next election...any suggestions!?
    Anonymous

• it's not the only reason he is president.
    if that were the case then how do you explain the record number of white voters who turned out in support of obama?

like i've said before, this goes both ways. there are people who voted for obama purely based on race, there are also people who did NOT vote for obama purely based on race. oh and then you have people who actually flipped a coin to determine who they should vote for.
    who cares? it is their constitutional right and they can exercise it however they please.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It irritates me to no end that so many people voted for/against him simply based on race. Ridiculous way to pick a leader.
    Anonymous

• Obama made it because he demonstrated leadership qualities right from the start. It does not matter if he is black or white when actually he is both. Americans need to grow up and quick.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008