Calling all bad tippers

You know who you are..or do you?

Lets say 3 people go out ot eat. Nothing expensive just like Applebees and everyone gets their own bill. Bill is $9. How much should I tip? I cannot ask what the others are tipping. Service was really good. How much should the total tip be for 3 checks at $9 each?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am a cheap tipper! haha.
    I usually only tip 2-5 dollars.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 4:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would tip at least 2 each.... good service, 3 or 4.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I believe its reccomended 15%, so 15% of a 9$ bill is roughly a dollar and change.... so safe to say 2 dollar tip! If its was really good service 3 dollars.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 4:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Totally depends on the service. If i have a great server, i'll tip $5 bucks on a $9 bill. Terrible server? $5 bucks on a $20 dollar bill. When i'm out with friends or whatever, and the bill is split, i still tip the same.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• With good service the tip should be 20% of the total bill. So for 9 dollars everyone leaves 1.80. Round up to two if you want.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We usually tip 20% so that would be $1.80 on the $9.00. Rounded up to $2.00. So that would be a total of $6.00 on the 3 checks.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• lol my friends & i do ask eachother what they're leaving. one of my friends always asks me to pull out the tip calc. on my phone and figure out his tip, he's regimented and will leave exactly 15%. anyway on a $9 i would've left 2 or 3 depending on the service. i would like to call myself a good tipper, i've worked at restaurants & know what those poor servers go thru everyday.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If service was good and the bill was only $9, I'd tip $5. We even tip $5 at buffetts. When the bill is larger we do at LEAST 20% unless the service was REALLY bad. I was a bartender for 8 years, so I know what it's like to live off of tips and not paychecks.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would tip $5 on the $9 bill, if it was DH and I each with a $9 bill (meaning $18 total) we would tip $7
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I went out on black friday and my girfriends each left $1. I left $2 and my change. After we left one girl asked where her chang ewas from her bill. I said I threw it on the tip pile and she said she wanted it cause she had already left $1 in the tip pile, The other girl said sheleft $1 too. I thought that was kinda cheap!! I think $2 each woulda been fine but $1?
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010