• In the Spotlight:

turn a barn into a house?

have you done it or heard of it... i saw something about it on the internet and thought it was a good idea... very different but cool... would you ever do it? ... i think i would like to if ever we had money to do something like that

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A childhood friend lived in a renovated barn - used to be on a farm, but as the town grew and the farm got sold it ended up being in town. Not too bad. It was done many many years ago, before I was born, so I have no idea what it took to do it. A couple from our church did it just a few years ago - took them about a year to do it, they already had water & electricity out to the barn in the first place so that saved a lot of work. But it was a monstrous project. I haven't seen the inside of it (we're not close to them so no invites, lol) but I"ve heard it's crazy gorgeous.
    Anonymous

• Renovated barns make beautiful homes! We'd love to have one.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Heck ya I'd do it! There'd be enough space for a studio - two of them, one for me, one for Sweetheart!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 5:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would absolutely love that. There is nothing more beautiful than an old barn. I've seen some of them done and it's amazing!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well I am not so good with knowing what the end product would look like so for me it is a no go. I would not be able to deal with it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes I would do it,I have seen it done,their is so much permits to get building a house its cheaper to build a barn then turn it into a housd
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 5:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That would be a interesting project. I would like to do that.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would enjoy doing something like that.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010