my husband is wanting to join the army and im just not convienced about it and need and inside view of being a militart wife.

kreeves5906

Asked by kreeves5906 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband was in the Army, he did not like it. I enjoyed being an Army wife though. Most of the platoons are pretty close knit groups, so you have a support group right there in the other wives. The pay check always comes in on the 15th and the last day of the month, so you don't have to worry about that. Free medical and dental. The only bad thing, is when they get sent out on training or if they have to go overseas. My husband was sent to Operation Desert Shield/Storm and that was hard.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 5:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• well that's a decision that you two should both agree on, because military life is a lifestyle in itself. you both should meet with his recruiter and have him answer each and every question you have. my husband was in the army for 3+ years. it's not for everyone, but i enjoyed it. we got free health benefits, a steady paycheck every two weeks and he wasn't gonna get fired for calling out sick. but you both have to know as soon as he signs that dotted line he becomes government property and they can and probably will deploy him whether he wants to or not.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010