Moms - Marital Arts/Sports - and BRA’s!

When my 6 yo dd and I started Tae Kwon Do class I purchased a few sports bra’s at Target - no support! We love the class and we are going to continue, but I need better bra’s for all the bouncing around we do.
I tried the correct size and I bounced around way to much.
I tried a size smaller and I FELL OUT OF IT!! lol

Before I go to DICK’s and purchase the $50 verity I want to know if they are really any better than the Target sports bra?
At this point I’m about to bind myself every class!

PS there are 2 lady instructors - boobless!

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 5:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have bought good sports bra's in both walmart and target. I have a size 48D so I need one that will stop the bounce as well. Look in there work out gear section not there bra section, look at the way it is made you want ribbing up the front not just a cotton front, you also want it made from spandex for good hold. Good luck.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 5:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just wear my regular bras to our martial arts class, but I'm only a B cup. One of my friends has enormous boobs and doubles up on sports bras. One just isn't supportive enough for her.

BTW how long have you been taking classes? My kids started in May and my husband and I started in August.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Check out Title 9, google them, they have great bra options. Maybe a little spendy but you will be so happy with the money spent. Trust me, check them out!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 5:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• @JulieJacobKyle, we started in Oct. and hope to test for our white belt in Dec. but my poor daughter is athletically challenged. She’s brilliant, but anything to do with coordination - she’s hopeless.

What do you ladies think about the zipper sport bras?
    What is ribbing (ribbing up the front) ?
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• LOL My kids aren't exactly naturals at it, either. They enjoy it though. My oldest is having an easier time than my youngest. I am really not coordinated, so it isn't easy for me. I'm an orange belt. In a few weeks, the kids will be camo belts and we will be yellow belts.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• LOL My dd just loves it! She has no idea that she does the same move for the round house as she does for the side kick. In our group we have to side kick to break a board to get our white belts and I don't see her doing that.

Did you have to kick the board or break it with your hand?
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We are breaking it with the foot, for now. I can break it with a side kick, round kick on the right side, and now we're on a jump front kick. That's hard! I can break it with the top of my foot but not the ball of my foot. I need to get better at it before I can test.

What color boards are you breaking? My 5 year old breaks an orange board. My 8 year old just got his green board. I'm breaking a blue board.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I had a large chested friend who swore by wearing two sports bra's to help control the movement. You might want to try that!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Color boards?
    Ok I have to email you lol I'm confused. We break 1 inch 10 by 12 by 1 inch pine boards.
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I sent you a message. We use the rebreakable kind.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2010