Would you ever forgive your dh for cheating on you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• No, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Answer by older at 5:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Probably nope I'm sure that's a deal breaker for me
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Never. That would end our marriage, period.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Honestly, yes. I have. It took a lot to get over it, but I can't tell how glad I am now that I did.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think it would depend on the circumstances. If it was a drunken mistake, then yes I could move past that. If it was a deliberate act, meaning, he met someone, cultivated a relationship and went out with the intention of having sex, then I think that would hurt more. I would also have to look at our marriage and see what happened and where we lost each other. No, I don't think it would be an instant deal breaker, but I do think that it would require counselling and some real work to repair the damage that was done.
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not good at letting smaller things to. There's no way I'd let cheating go. Every time I'd look at him, I'd remember. Every time he was late, I'd wonder, every time he looked at another woman, I'd wonder. No way would I be able to move past it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would forgive him. I'm not saying it will be easy but we should be patient with one another. Where's love? If you love him how can you give up so easily and let the tramp win (vice versa is we cheated). We've been married 16 yrs and have been through a lot. Yes even the chaeting! We learned thing about our selves as well about each other. We have forgven and moved on it was hard O yes hard but niether were willing to give up. I'm glad I didn't and that he didn't. It's the past now and we haven't repeated our mistakes.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I did. Making the choice to rebuild and reconcile my marriage is a choice that I have never (not for a second) regretted.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Forgot to add. My husband had a one night stand after we had been married around 9 years. We have now been married 25 years.
    pixie_trix

• I have. Not saying it was easy, we seperated a couple times, did the therapy thing, even filed divorce once. But in the end we worked it out. We have been together for 11 years and we truely can't imagine being with anyone else and feel we are meant to be together. We are doing great now after all has been said and done.
    Anonymous