Mirina birth control adult content

I had the BC inserted about a month ago and I have not stopped bleeding. it is not just light spotting but a flowing steam. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• I spotted for about 8-10 weeks. My dr. told me it could last for up to 12. I don't remember how heavy it was in the beginning but for the most part it was pretty light. after the first couple weeks it was just light enough to be annoying.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Did your Dr. not tell you that you will bleed for 2-6 weeks after insertion? That is supposed to happen. It takes a few weeks for your uterus to adjust to having a device in there.

When i got mine, the same thing happened although my Dr. told me it would. I blead for about 6 weeks straight. I expected it. Why the hell do Dr.'s not inform their patients of stuff like this?

If it makes you feel any better, i've had mine for 2 years now & my periods are only 2 days long & it's just light spotting. I barely even get a period now. Practically non-existant.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i had that too when i had it inserted. for how long u been bleeding????
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you may want to ask your doctor. my doctor told me that my period would be heavier but what happend was i like had a light regular period for like 3 weeks and off for one week and then on my period again. this lasted for about a month or so. no i almost never have a period. every once in awhile i will have a light one but thats it. i think it takes a little time. are you having cramps?
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• no cramps, just a heavy flow for about a month. My son has a Dr, appt Wednesdays, I will ask him then. Thank you girls!!

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• u might want to get seen first before that.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'd def. ask your doc.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2010